The Government of Australia Awards Scholarships are now open. Applications are for fully funded scholarships at Participating Australian Universities . We will go through the specifics of this scholarship, its advantages, and the application process in depth in this article. Australia Awards Scholarships are fully funded grant for international students.
International students who are interested in pursuing higher education at participating Australian institutions are encouraged to apply for Australia Awards Scholarships. According to bilateral and regional agreements, Australia Awards Scholarships seek to support the needs of Australia’s partner nations in terms cutting edge research, innovation and sustainable economic development. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is in charge of administering these awards.
Details of the Australia Awards Scholarships
These scholarships cover all tuition costs, travel expenses, living expenses, establishment costs, and other expenditures for undergraduate, master’s, and PhD studies.
- Program type: Undergraduate, graduate, and PhD
- Universities(s): Participating Australian Institutions
- Country: Australia
- Available Programs: Engineering & Technology, Arts, Business & Law, Medical and Applied Sciences, Nursing and Midwifery, Human, Health and Social Sciences.
- Duration: Depends on the chosen degree.
Components of the Australia Awards Scholarships
The following benefits are given to scholarship recipients:
- Full funding for tuition
- A contribution toward lodging costs, text, and study materials
- Return ticket: the cost of one round-trip, economy-class ticket to and from Australia taken using the shortest route
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a biweekly payment made at a rate decided by the department toward the cost of basic living.
- Covers costs for Pre-Course English (PCE)
- For the period of the grant (for the award holder only), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is offered, covering the scholar’s essential medical expenses (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Before beginning formal academic courses, students must complete the mandatory Introductory Academic Program (IAP), which provides information about living and studying in Australia.
- Additional academic help may be offered to improve a scholar’s academic performance.
- For research awards and coursework master’s degrees with a required fieldwork component, qualifying research students may be eligible for one round-trip economy class ticket on the most direct route to their home country or within Australia.
Eligibility Requirements for Australia Awards scholarships
The following requirements must be satisfied by applicants in order to be eligible for Australia Awards Scholarships:
- At any time during the application, selection, or mobilization phases, you may not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who possesses, or is eligible to possess, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency (Note: residents of the Cook Islands, Niue, or Tokelau are eligible but must apply for subclass student visa).
- Applicant must not have received a long-term Australia Award before unless they have lived abroad for twice as long as they spent in Australia (for instance, a previous awardee who was on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years won’t be qualified to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have lived abroad for eight years);
- Not be a serving personnel of the military.
- Must have met any requirements set forth by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (such as having worked for a predetermined period of time in a suitable field);
- Possess a student visa and be able to meet all standards set forth by the Department of Home Affairs. This could imply that the department may withdraw offer if the student fails to meet up with the Visa requirements.
- English language requirement must be met.
- Citizens of one of the member nations in Asia, the Pacific, Africa, or the Middle East are eligible. Check out the full list of participating nations.
- Be at least 18 years old on February 1st of the year the scholarship begins.
- Intending applicant must not hold permanent residency in Australia, not be an Australian citizen, and not be pursuing permanent residency there.
- Should be a resident of and applying for the scholarship from one of the participating countries (as indicated on the Australia Awards website);
- Satisfy the institution’s entrance requirements in order to be considered for the award.
- The applicant must not apply for a scholarship for a course of study at a lower academic level than they currently have (e.g., not apply for a master’s scholarship if they already have a doctorate).
- In order for the application to be handled appropriately, applicants must disclose to the department any ties or connection members of staff.
- Read the Australia Awards Policy Handbook for the full list of requirements (PDF)
Application Procedure for the Australia Scholarship Awards
Please follow the steps below to apply for an Australia Awards Scholarship:
Prior to applying: You must read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook if you plan to apply. General eligibility requirements, selection procedures, entitlements, and responsibilities are all included in the manual. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade may at any time and without prior notice change and update this manual. While some nations encourage and permit online applications, others demand paper applications, For more details, see your participating country profile.
- Online application: Visit the Australia Scholarships Information System website (OASIS). You will need to provide some information while registering online in order to prove your eligibility. A special registration number, username, and password will subsequently be provided to you. It’s not necessary for you to submit your application right away.
- Up until the specified closing date listed on the applicable participating nation profile, you can create a draft application form and make changes to it and your supporting documentation.
- Once submitted, your application cannot be altered. We strongly suggest online applicants to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline. In the days before the deadline, OASIS is heavily used, therefore applicants might suffer delays. If you require assistance, consult the online user guide for the applicant.
- You can apply by mail if you are unable to submit your application online. For information on how to get a hardcopy application form and any other templates, such as referee reports, please consult your participating nation profile (if applicable).