Human Frontier in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship |Sweden 2023/2024
Apply for the Human Frontier in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship |Sweden
Human Frontier in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship |Sweden is now accepting applications. We will go through the specifics of this scholarship, its advantages, and the application process in depth in this article. Human Frontier in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship in Sweden are fully funded grant for international students.
HFSP Fellowships will also pay for travel and research expenses in addition to a living stipend. Fellows may also be eligible for a child allowance, a parental leave allowance, or a relocation allowance depending on their individual circumstances.
The HFSP fellowship program encourages applications for cutting-edge, potentially game-changing life sciences research. Applications for initiatives with a high degree of research are especially encouraged. The projects should be interdisciplinary in character and should employ cutting-edge methods and strategies to challenge preexisting paradigms. Scientifically speaking, they ought to address a significant issue or a roadblock to advancement in the area. Early-career scientists are encouraged by HFSP postdoctoral scholarships to expand their research expertise by delving into new fields of inquiry and researching abroad.
Categories of Human Frontier in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship
There are two distinct fellowships available:
- Applicants with a PhD in biology are eligible for Long-Term Fellowships (LTF) if they plan to expand their knowledge by proposing a research in the life sciences that is vastly different from their prior PhD or postdoctoral work.
- A PhD from a field other than the life sciences is required for applicants for cross-disciplinary fellowships (CDF) (e.g. in physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering or computer sciences).
HFSP Scholarship Details
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Available programs: Opportunity Life sciences, physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering and computer sciences.
- Destination Countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus (EU part), the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, the Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Note: Result of selection will communicated by end of August.
Successful applicants must submit their full proposals through ProposalCentral by September 29, 2022, at 1 PM (Eastern Time US).
HFSP Scholarship Components
The HFSP covers A living allowance, research allowance, and travel allowance. Fellows may also be eligible for a child allowance, a parental leave payment, or a relocation stipend depending on their individual circumstances.
Eligibility and Criteria for HFSP Fellowships
Candidate must satisfy each of the conditions listed below in order to be eligible for postdoctoral fellowships through the Human Frontier Science Program:
- All nationals are eligible.
- Satisfy English Language requirement.
- Candidates must propose to work in a nation other than the one in which they completed their initial post-doctoral or prior Ph.D. studies. The nation in which the laboratory is located will be regarded as the host country for institutions that are not categorized as national, such as international or extraterritorial institutes like EMBL, ICPT, or ICGEB.
- A research doctorate (Ph.D.) or doctoral-level degree equal to a Ph.D. with comparable expertise in fundamental research (for example, a research-based MD or medical Ph.D.) must be awarded by the commencement of the fellowship but is not necessary at the time of submission.
- An international peer-reviewed journal with at least one lead author and a full-length research paper that has either been published or accepted for publication is a requirement for applicants.
- Only papers published in English are considered. Patents and review articles are not considered.
- While putting together the application, electronic copies of publications with the primary author must be uploaded. Once the application has been submitted, they cannot be uploaded.
Application Process for Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Human Frontier Science Program
To apply for postdoctoral fellowships through the Human Frontier Science Program, please follow the requirements below:
1. By clicking here, applicants submit a “Letter of Intent” (LOI) that must include the following details:
- Research proposal
- The keywords of the research proposal
- A clear description of the study proposal (this description may serve as the complete application’s abstract if one is invited)
- Personal information
- Academic CV
- Title of PhD Thesis
- Details about the prospective host institution and host supervisor
- certification that the host supervisor is aware of and in favor of the application; disclosure of any prior partnerships and publications with the host supervisor (if any).
- list of publications (preliminary, with option to update)
(2) A peer review of the letter of intent will take place, and the results will be shared as soon as practicable.
(3) Complete Submission (to be submitted by September 29, 2022)
Keep in mind that HFSP will get in touch with you if you are invited to move on to this second step.
The following must be included in full applications:
- A list of earlier work (the same as the short summary of the LOI)
- An abstract of the proposed study (otherwise called LOI).
- A thorough research methodology for the intended project
- Information on the reasons for and ways in which the planned project differs materially from earlier work
- Information on the nature of the planned project’s frontier status.
- Information on the merits of the selected host lab
- Information on how being at the host lab will assist the applicant (e.g. unique infrastructure, mentoring, exposure to new techniques etc.)
- A current list of publications
- letters of recommendation from two referees: a letter of recommendation from the host supervisor outlining how the proposed research plan represents a major departure from the applicant’s earlier work (done either during their PhD or postdoctoral training) and how and why their lab is a good fit for the application.
- The host supervisor should also outline a mentorship plan for the applicant and explain how and why their lab is uniquely suited to supporting the goals and missions of HFSP. This will allow the most talented young researchers to begin a frontier research project that will shape their career trajectory.
- Detailed list of lead-author publications-PDF
Human Frontier in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship |Sweden>>>Apply Now